Paying attention to employee wellness is an important part of running a successful business.
The employer has a responsibility to provide an adequate supply of drinking water. Water coolers encourage productivity in the workplace. Like all office equipment, your water cooler will last longer and perform better if you maintain it.
When working in the scorching heat, with sweat dripping down your armpits, the first thing you want to do is grab an ice-cold thirst quencher or got to the water cooler to fill your cup. The last thing on your mind is the possibility that germs and unwanted growth could contaminate the contents in the water cooler at your workplace.
We have come up with a few safety tips to ensure that the water dispensers in the workplace are maintained correctly to avoid any risk to the employees.
Health and Safety Tips
- Place your water cooler on flat surface to ensure the safety of your office.
- Power cables need to be tucked away and any spare water bottles should be stored safely to avoid any mishaps.
- To prevent contamination, cups should be stored face down.
- You should clean your water cooler regularly. Water coolers with a heating system should be allowed to cool off before cleaning.
- Store refill bottles in a cool area, away from sunlight and chemicals.
- Lastly, take extra precautions when using hot water coolers.
Make sure that the cleaning guidelines are met, and the quality filters are being used.
The Water Cooler Company offer water cooler maintenance contracts for customers who wish to purchase water coolers but have them regularly maintained to a professional standard. For more information, contact us today by sending an email at email@example.com or chat to one of our consultants on Live Chat.