M&S extend trial of plastic-free food refill scheme
- Stay Hydrated - Heat Awareness Day 2022
- Hydrate for your Mental Health - Mental Health Awareness Week
- Biodegradable and Compostable: What is the difference?
- Boiling Water Taps - A More Efficient Way to Boil Water
- Does Water Reduce Stress? Stress Awareness Month 2022
- World Health Day 2022 - Our Planet, Our Health & The Importance of Water
- Conserve Groundwater and your Wallet - World Water Day 2022
- The future of the office: What will the workplace look like post-pandemic?
- Proud to assist Spurs in reducing their environmental impact
- Team Culligan at The Kent Construction Expo
Herbie3/2/2020Plastic-Free Drinking Water
Marks & Spencer have extended a trial of their refill scheme, where shoppers can refill their own containers with food. We were thrilled to learn that M&S report 25 of 44 of their products offered 'loose' have outsold packaged equivalents. This is a positive step by a major UK retailer in trying to address the problem of single-use plastic waste.
Among the best-selling products are triple chocolate crunch cereal, porridge oats, milk chocolate raisins, basmati rice, coffee, and pasta.
At The Water Cooler Company we are proud to have supplied water refill stations to M&S stores, including the one at their Hedge End store in Southampton where the refill scheme is being extended. The refill stations allow customers to refill their water bottles for free, helping reduce the need for buying single-use plastic bottles of water.
Talk to us today if you want to know more about our work with M&S, or want advice on water refill stations. We have experts on hand for any questions you might have, including what product to choose, and installation & maintenance advice.