Finding it hard to decide whether or not to buy a water cooler dispenser? Perhaps you’ve already decided to buy one and now the question is plumbed in or bottle.
Questions you should ask yourself before purchasing a Water Cooler
- How many litres of water do I consume weekly?
- What temperature water would I prefer?
- How much space do I have for the water dispenser?
- Where is the water cooler most likely to be used the most?
- What is my budget for water consumption per month?
- How easy is it to get the water dispenser installed and what is the maintenance and service plan for the water dispenser?
- What would you like your water cooler to look like?
- Do you want to purchase water on a weekly/monthly basis or do you want a constant supply of water?
- Is my environment conducive to handle a direct pipe supply of water?
Now that you have asked and answered these questions for yourself, keep it in mind when deciding between a bottled and plumbed in water cooler.
Bottled vs Plumbed
Bottled water dispenser:
- The water dispenser is ideal if you consume maximum 18.5 litres of water per week
- When you have little space in your home or office environment the bottled water cooler is perfectly convenient as it takes up less room than plumbed in water coolers.
- Little maintenance and effort is needed besides cleaning the cooler every 4 months and replacing an empty bottled water with a full one.
- This water dispenser is easy to use and usually just needs to connect to a power supply.
- Immediate access to hot and cold water.
- Bottled water dispenser needs a required amount of bottled water on a weekly or monthly basis depending on your water consumption levels, this entails storage space for water bottles, picking up, refilling and recycling of the water bottles.
- Ordering bottled water every month can become costly
- It uses plastic water bottles; thus, it is not very environmentally friendly.
- Sometimes these water dispensers can make loud sounds when dispensing, heating and cooling the water.
Plumbed water dispenser:
- Constant supply of water due to the water cooler being connected to your main water supply.
- You do not have to change a heavy water bottle every time your water supply is empty, you simply just pour you a glass.
- It is more environmentally friendly, as no plastic water bottles are needed.
- It is easy to use and is better suited for offices with substantial number of employees
- It requires more maintenance than bottled water cooler, as they have replaceable filters that need regular maintenance
- Plumbed in water dispenser can also be loud when heating and cooling water
- They are initially costlier to purchase than the bottled water cooler
- Additional costs such as connecting dispenser to main water supply can occur
- The placement of these dispensers depends on the available water supply in your home or office environment
Both the bottled water cooler and the plumbed water cooler performs many similar functions and are suitable for most environments.
Our plumbed water coolers, ensures clean filtered water is dispensed from your mains supply through carbon-based filter systems. We perform a site survey and from there our hydration specialist engineers will be able to install it for you at your specified location. We also have a wide range of plumbed in water coolers to suit any of your preferences from floor standing water coolers, counter top water coolers, carbonated water coolers to direct chill water coolers.
If you need further information on bottled water coolers or plumbed in water coolers offering and service, you can contact us on 0845 500 4455 or chat to us on Live Chat on our website.